Monday, August 10, 2009

Epic Weekend!

This weekend was one of THE best thus far! It started for me late Friday afternoon setting up Josh's anniversary gift (Sunday was our first wedding anniversary and today is our seventh year together!)
It all started for him when he walked through the door after work. (I told him to call me when he was on his way home-which was only if I needed a diversion in case I needed more time, he did not know this and just thought I may have wanted something picked up. However I did not, everything came along nicely and I had a few minutes to get excited about seeing his reaction once he walked through the door.)
Josh walked into our apartment to find "I♥U!" spelled out in tea light candles, roses and rose petals amongst it along with a message in a bottle...
The message in the bottle sent him on a treasure hunt in the apartment, figuring out clues and finding gifts which included an acoustic guitar and a pretty special book from decades past that I found along my random Internet travels.
Then, Josh surprised me with a gift! (Even though he gave my mine a month early, he got something else for our special day) Although, I do think I threw him off by surprising him on Friday.
Saturday, we went back home to visit with my family. My sister and her family came down for a vacation. I have not seen my niece for a whole year! (Other than on the web camera every once and a while) When my niece saw me she ran up to me and jumped into my arms! It was so cute! (She is just a bit older than a year and a half) That evening Brad and Leigha came over to pick up their photo CD, but I surprised them by making them an album of what I thought were the best shots.
Sunday, our Anniversary was spent at my Mom & Dads. Mom made borscht for lunch-fresh out of the garden! Yum! We stopped in at Baba and Gidos and made our way back to the city that evening.
And the weather was GORGEOUS! And of course I took a ton of photos!

PS. We were also discussing our Vancouver Island 2010 vacation and may bike instead of hike. Which may not be a bad idea...however, I am not sure about sitting on a bike all day...

Here are some photos of this weekend:



No comments: