Monday, March 1, 2010

Decor Inspiration-Zen

This weeks home inspiration focuses on creating a calm, cool & serene bedroom atmosphere following a zen theme. I want to have something completly different than what I am planning for the rest of the apartment. Somewhere that we can escape to. Somewhere to relax.

I really like the simplicity of this bedframe and how it is low to the floor

I love the color scheme of this room

Here are some color schemes I am interested in.
(PS this site is AMAZING for looking at different color schemes!)



I also would like to have an orchid on each of our night tables (probably fake ones though, just so they are "in bloom" all the time. And it would proably be cheaper to buy!)
I made a candle holder somewhat to the following (Mine is square, has the tiny stones, and 3 off white pillar candles all at different heights)

And as for artwork, I might get a blossom print of mine made up (I must go out in the spring to take more photos of the flowers!) We also have a "Zen" banner that Josh got for Christmas from my parents, so that is definitly going to be a nice focal point on the wall.

Have a wonderful week everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great..............NOW I want a new bedroom!!! lol